Followers

Sunday, March 28, 2010

I am expanding my jewelry line to include bridal consultations and sets of jewelry for brides and the bridal party. Most of my new supplies have arrived and I've completed the first pair of earrings.   In most cases, I'll be using my own hand made earwires (made of argentium sterling, to help avoid allergic reactions and also tarnishing) lots of Swarovski crystal, Swarovski glass pearls and freshwater pearls.  This is an example of the new collection.    More coming this week at http://www.kzoretic.etsy.com .


 These can be seen at The Gallery at 916 in downtown Bowling Green. I will be completing several pieces that will serve as examples of possibilities that I can make happen for brides, proms, and just that "wonderful piece of jewelry" for a great event.

I have also started a Fan Page on Facebook and I'll be giving away a pair of silver earrings on Facebook on March 31. I may do that again for the month of April. I'd love to see my fan page continue to grow. To be eligible to win the earrings, all a person does is go to my fan page - A Sterling Performance - on Facebook and take a look at my gallery of past works and then make a comment letting me know their favorite - or ask a questions - or give me some constructive criticism. Then they're entered for any give-aways I have.

 S0, What else is new????
I've been wanting to learn to etch silver - copper was easy, and I love it, but etching silver is much more complicated.   I'm happy to report that I've now accomplished the first steps in etching silver.   Here is an example of etched copper and then a photo of my first etched silver piece.   I've done a few more silver pieces, but I haven't incorporated them into jewelry yet.
Here's an etched copper bracelet.

And now, for the etched silver!

I am really loving the etched silver - however, it is more expensive to make - it requires a thicker piece of silver because the etching removes some silver and causes the silver to be thinner.  I do think the beauty is worth it.  I'm hoping to have a few more pieces available soon.









No comments: